Saturday, March 1, 2008

New Hope!

While there's life there's hope. -- Cicero

As I was surfing the net yesterday, I came across this article (http://www.schizophrenia.com/sznews/archives/005457.html) that says two new medications for schizophrenia had been found. I am especially interested in the drug called Pimavanserin as it seems to be able to reduce side-effects. If this is true, it will really be great news for millions of schizophrenia patients like my twins out there!

My twins are sixteen years old now, and they will be going to high school next year. So this year is really going to be a tough year for both of them as they have to prepare for their exams and study hard. Actually I am not very concerned with their academic results. What worries me the most is whether they could adapt to the new environment of high school and make new friends there.

It is a common sight to see people with mental disorders being ostracized by peers and even the general public. I do not want to see my twins become one of them. WHAT CAN I DO?! I really hope that things are turning for the better.

No comments: